Friday, February 14, 2014

Saving Family Mementos

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I found a Valentine postcard addressed to my great-grandmother.

                                                                              It's from 1916.

Family mementos like these need to be preserved using archival quality products that will protect them from deterioration. The best place to store them is in a dry, dark place, preferably in an archival box like this...


I selected my boxes and protective sheets from Print File Archival Storage and I'm happy with the high-quality and sturdiness of them. I can't wait to fill them up with my treasures.
                                                                             
                                                                              Happy Valentine's Day!

Family History Tip: Old letters, envelopes and postcards contain a wealth of information. Write down all names, places and dates and keep them on a "cheat sheet" in a folder. You never know when they'll come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment